Guidelines for Application of PAN Card
PAN card or Permanent Account Number is an official identification number allotted to individuals, companies, or organization that pays tax. The Income Tax Department issues these unique alphanumeric numbers to keep a track of the financial transactions of tax payers.
If you are planning to apply for a new card, then the following guidelines for application of PAN card will prove to be helpful.
How to apply for pan card offline
Instructions for Application of PAN Card
Before making application for allotment of PAN or filling the Form 49A, make sure you read the following application.
1. You need to fill the ‘Form 49A’ for allotment of a new PAN card.
2. Fill the application in block (capital/uppercase) letter in English in black ink.
3. Use a recent color photograph of 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm to paste on the form.
4. You need to sign with your correct signature within the box.
5. Those who are giving thumb impression need to get their thumb impression attested by a Magistrate, Notary Public, or a Gazette Officer’s official seal and stamp.
6. Make sure you give the correct AO code in case the applicant is a defense employee:
- Army – PNE W 55 3
- Navy – MUM W 11 8
- Air Force – DEL W 72 2
8. Provide POI, POA, and PODB with the exact name you have written in the application.
9. In case of Minor, Idiot, Lunatic, or Deceased, please provide the details of the Representative Assesse in column 14 of the application form.
10. If a Representative Assesse is appointed make sure you provide POI and POA for Representative Assesse.
11. Write your complete postal address in application form along with landmark.
12. Mention the correct pin code in the address field.
13. Mention the telephone number/ e-mail ID in the application form.
Things to Avoid in the Application Form for PAN Card
- Avoid overwriting or corrections on the application form.
- Do not staple or pin the photograph. Stick it with glue.
- Do not sign across the box. Make sure the signature remains inside the box.
- Do not write anything extra along with the signature such as date, rank, designation, etc.
- Do not submit the POI, POA, and PODB which are not in the name of the applicant.
- Do not write the name of the husband in the column meant for father’s name.
- Do not write any initials in the first and last name field.
- Do not apply for a new PAN card if you have been already assigned one.
These are some of the guidelines for application of PAN card. Make sure you read and follow them to avoid rejection of application or mistakes in the PAN card.
You May Also Like to Read
How to Apply for Pan Card Online
Who Should Apply for a PAN Card?
How to Change PAN Card Details Online
Documents Accepted for PAN Card Application